Encounters of 2013


A good friend suggested to me that I keep a journal about my travels and adventures.  While that is great way to log every moment of my life, I thought to take it a step further and blog about my travel experiences.  By the end of the year a lot of my travel is forgot about and I can’t quite remember what I do or where I go or heck even WHEN I went somewhere.  People often ask me how many places have I been to in year and I never know.  The fast pace life is extremely conducive for CRS Syndrome – Cant Remember Shiiii.  So to do us all a favor I will be blogging about my travels. It will help me keep account of where I’ve been but MORE IMPORTANTLY, it will provide everyone with my reviews of things to do and places to go, see, and experience.  It will cover Restaurants, Clubs/ Night Life, and any other random adventures I encounter.  I have Big Plans for 2013:  Mardi Gras, Dominican Republic, and hopefully Australia; but even smaller trips need love too!  So without further adieu.. I present to you my first review for  Encounters of 2013 series

NYC:
The great thing about living in Philly is the public transportation! I can travel between Philly, NYC, DC, NJ on buses or trains that are fairly inexpensive.  After being peer pressured by my #ClassyRatchet Friends, I decided to hop on Megabus for my super cheap $1.50 (.50cents for booking fee) and travel up to the BigApple for a fun filled night with the homies from the 585. 

  • Blarney Stone: We met at this Manhattan location for a few celebratory bday shots.  It was a nice atomosphere that was chilled with good music.
  •  Amensia Night Club:  This is where ish got real, and the night got TURNT up.  We were a little apprehensive about this club because there was a rumor of excessive ratchetness and ghettoism circulating within the establishment.  That was FAR from the case we experienced.  Thanks to a friend who was savvy enough to RSVP, admission to the club was free.  We were there early enough to catch the Free Vodka drinks, so of course I had to partake of my Vodka & Pina fave.  The music was great and DJ was on point – heard hip-hop, reggae, and of course our favorite ratchet selections.  The club earned super kudos for having Hookah in there. In celebration of the bday festivities, bottle service and hookah was ordered to celebrate.  It’s not often, nor have I ever been in, a club that offers the great music selection, popping night club like packed and fun, and hookah.  Its def a spot I would revisit!

No comments:

Post a Comment